Saturday, February 14, 2009

How cheaply could I live in Malaysia


How cheaply could I live in Malaysia?
In Penang, Butterworth, GeorgeTown, or Kuala Lumpur areas. How cheap can I live, realistically? I want to stay there and I would like to know just how much Food and Motel/Hotel will cost, what can I expect? I've googled but I want to know current prices of things Thats for one night or one month?
Malaysia - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
RM150 for one room
2 :
In Penang: There are many travelers lounge for back packers that cost from RM30. For non budget travel, there are hotels that rate from RM100 to RM800. Tune Hotel which located in George Town is a good choice too. Food in Penang can be said as one of the cheapest and most delicious in whole Malaysia. Hawker food is the main attraction of the place, such as hockkien mee, laksa, char kuey tiaw and others, all of these cost about RM2.50 - RM4.00 each. Penang is a small island so many places are easy reachable and not far away. The current best bus service I would said is Rapid Penang, which start from RM1 - RM2 from a destination to the other. Let's say from the main bus station at the port, it cost RM1.50 to Bukit Bendera. Renting a car such as Kancil is RM50 per day on weekdays, the price would be double up during weekend and public holiday. But if you're coming to stay here permanently, not for traveling, renting an apartment at places like Gelugor would be RM750-RM1000. Sometimes you can rent a house for that price too. I don't know much about the price at Georgetown. For people who seek for long vacation at Malaysia like a few months, renting an apartment at Batu Ferrenghi will cost about RM850-RM1000, depends on how long you stay and where. The apartment I mentioned is located beside Upland International School.







Read more discussions :